23rd December 2017 Current Affairs Notes Download Short Notes PDF
23rd December 2017 Current Affairs Short Notes Daily CA PDF National International Current Affairs
|[su_button url=”https://jobsandhan.com/current-affairs-notes/december-2017″ target=”blank” style=”noise” background=”#1c0cec” color=”#eeeaea” size=”6″ wide=”yes” icon_color=”#ee3737″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″]Click here for Day Wise December 2017 Current Affairs[/su_button]|
- A new project ‘ Ganga gram’ has been launched by the Union Ministry of Drinking water & Sanitation at the Ganga gram Swachhata sammelan held in New Delhi. This project has been launched for the clean ganga mission – Namami Gange Programme for all round sanitation development in villages which are located on the banks of River Ganga.
- The National Highways Investment Promotion cell (NHIPC) created by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) which mainly focuses on attracting domestic and foreign investments for highways projects and helps engaging with global institution investors, developers, construction companies and fund managers for building investor participation in road infrastructure projects.
- A new species of Scorpio has been discovered by scientists which was found at Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary in Tripura and has been named after the great biologist George Schaller who used to study wildlife across the world including the snow leopards of Himalayas and central India’s tigers. Schaller’s wood Scorpio is the eleventh wood scorpion species to be discovered in India. Schaller’s wood Scorpio is different from other recorded wood scorpions.
- Almost half a decade later passive euthanasia receives legal identification in India after getting it’s judgement passed by the supreme court in` Aruna shanbaug versus Union of India’ case in march 2011. Thus this makes India a step closer towards the legislation on `Euthanasia’ .
- Kisan Diwas (Farmer’s day) is celebrated every year on 23rd December to mark the birth anniversary of the fifth prime minister. A Kisan leader, Late Chaudhary Charan Singh who belonged to a peasant family was the PM of India for a very short time starting from 28th of July 1979 to 14th January 1980.
- The Made-in-India surface-to-air Missile QRSAM was successfully test fired by the defence research and development organisation from a defence base off Odisha coast. The home-grown canister-based, high-speed weapon system can deceive enemy radars making it difficult to be detected and is capable of destroying aerial targets, bunkers, tanks and short range missiles.
<< 22nd December 2017 Current Affairs
24th December 2017 Current Affairs >>