29th December 2017 Current Affairs Notes Download Short Notes PDF
29th December 2017 Current Affairs Short Notes Daily CA PDF National International Current Affairs
|[su_button url=”https://jobsandhan.com/current-affairs-notes/december-2017″ target=”blank” style=”noise” background=”#1c0cec” color=”#eeeaea” size=”6″ wide=”yes” icon_color=”#ee3737″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″]Click here for Day Wise December 2017 Current Affairs[/su_button]|
- The trafficking of persons (prevention, protection, rehabilitation) bill 2017 initiated by the women & child development ministry is currently with a group of ministers (GoM) that will take a final view on the matter. The bill has proposed severe punishment for those engaging in the heinous crime. The bill proposes the establishment of a national anti-trafficking bureau, which shall be entrusted and obeyed.
- The parliament gave it’s approval to the National Capital Territory of Delhi Laws second bill 2017 after Rajya Sabha passed it with a voice note. The bill seeks to extend the immunity of slums and illegal structures in Delhi from penal action until 31st December 2020. It was previously passed by the Parliament’s lower house, Lok Sabha on 27th December and by the Union Cabinet last week.
- The government has slashed internet rates on small saving schemes, including the National Savings Certificate and Public Provident Fund, by 0.2 percentage point for the January-March period from the rates applicable in the previous quarter. This will stimulate banks to lower deposit rates. However, interest on savings deposit has been retained at 4 percent annually.
- Indian has the highest level of non-performing assets (NPA) among BRICS countries and is ranked fifth on a list of countries with the highest levels of NPAs, as per the report by CARE ratings . At 9.85 ,India’s NPA ratio is over 400 basis points higher, and Spain is the only country ranked lower than India on the list, with an NPA ratio of 5.28 percent.
- The two-week long eighth edition of the Indo-Maldives joint military exercise `Ekuverin’ has came to an end at Belagavi, Karnataka. `Ekuverin’ means friends in the Maldivian Language. It is a joint military training between the Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Force. The exercise has been held alternatively in India and Maldives since 2009.
<< 28th December 2017 Current Affairs
30th December 2017 Current Affairs >>