8th December 2017 Current Affairs Notes Download Short Notes PDF
8th December 2017 Current Affairs Short Notes Daily CA PDF National International Current Affairs
|[su_button url=”https://jobsandhan.com/current-affairs-notes/december-2017″ target=”blank” style=”noise” background=”#1c0cec” color=”#eeeaea” size=”6″ wide=”yes” icon_color=”#ee3737″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″]Click here for Day Wise December 2017 Current Affairs[/su_button]|
- According to a recent survey conducted by the online travel portal TripAdvisor, the monument of love built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan- Taj Mahal in Agra has been labelled as the 2nd best UNESCO World Heritage Site in the world. With over 8 million visitors per year, the monument is rated after Cambodia’s Angkor Wat.
- The Somalia Government and the United Nations signed the UN Strategic Framework for Somalia (UNSF), mapping out the world body’s support to the country’s development priorities in the next 4 years. The UNSF articulates the collective strategy commitments and actions of 23 UN agencies and the UN Assistance Mission in Somalia in support of the country’s development priorities, as outlined in the National Development Plan, and towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Time Magazine has named the social movement aimed at raising awareness about sexual harassment and assault, epitomised by the #MeToo social movement hashtag, as the most influential person of the year 2017. Mostly women came forward this year to publicly expose these crimes.
- National Commission for Minorities has formed a 3 member committee, led by Commission’s Vice Chairman George Kurien to study the matter of minority status of Hindus in 8 states like Lakshadweep, Mizoram, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Jammu and Kashmir, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Punjab where their population is less than 50%.
- The Government has enhanced the monetary allowances for the Gallantry Award winners and that will get affected from the 1st August 2017. The enhancement is for the recipients of post-independence Gallantry Award, Independence Gallantry Award and monetary allowances attached to the ‘Jangi Inam’ , a pre-independence Gallantry Award. The allowances have been doubled in most of the cases and in a few cases have been increased by more than 100%.
- Based on the influence over the news in the last 1 year, a poll has published that Saudi Arabia’s crowned prince Mohammed Bin Salman has been voted as the Time Magazine Readers’ Person of the year award. He made it to the headlines this year for his decisions regarding the Political and Economic reform in Saudi Arabia.
- 7th December 2017 was observed as the Armed Forces Flag Day. It is being celebrated since 1949 to remember the sacrifices and pay homage to the soldiers, airmen and sailors.
<< 7th December 2017 Current Affairs
9th December 2017 Current Affairs >>