1st January 2018 Current Affairs Notes Download Short Notes PDF
1st January 2018 Current Affairs Short Notes Daily CA PDF National International Current Affairs
|[su_button url=”https://jobsandhan.com/current-affairs-notes/january-2018″ target=”blank” style=”noise” background=”#1c0cec” color=”#eeeaea” size=”6″ wide=”yes” icon_color=”#ee3737″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″]Click here for Day Wise January 2018 Current Affairs[/su_button]|
- Arunachal Pradesh has emerged as the second state in the Northeast, after Sikkim to be declared Open Defecation Free. Arunachal has 21 districts and the state attained the feat much before the national deadline of October 2,2019 . The state government had cute short the national ODF target by one year and ten months ahead of the national target and set 31st December 2017, as the final target to achieve ODF status in Arunachal Pradesh.
- A parliamentary panel has expressed concern over delay in setting up of an ombudsman to deal with consumer grievances in the telecom sector despite the regular TRAI recommending it twice. As per the current trends, on an average around 10 quarter and currently complaints are characterised by high volumes, low-value and from users in diverse geographic locations.
- The much awaited first draft of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) was published with the names of 1.9 crore people out of the 3.29 crore total applicants in Assam recognizing them as legal citizens of India. The NRC is being compiled following a supreme court directive to identify illegal immigrants in Assam.
- The government has stopped the scheme of free conversion of PIO cards to OCI. The scheme of converting the person of Indian Origin (PIO) cards to OCI cards free of cost comes to an end as a decision has been taken not to give anymore extension beyond 31st December. However, the change of PIO cards to OCI cards would continue on payment of fees.
- Scientists have discovered a new frog species from Kozhikode’s Malabar wildlife sanctuary. The frog species named Mewa Singh’s night frog belongs to a genius endemic to the western ghats. The frog has been named after him in honour of his contributions to behavioural ecology and primate studies.
<< 31st December 2017 Current Affairs
2nd January 2018 Current Affairs >>