2nd January 2018 Current Affairs Notes Download Short Notes PDF
2nd January 2018 Current Affairs Short Notes Daily CA PDF National International Current Affairs
|[su_button url=”https://jobsandhan.com/current-affairs-notes/january-2018″ target=”blank” style=”noise” background=”#1c0cec” color=”#eeeaea” size=”6″ wide=”yes” icon_color=”#ee3737″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″]Click here for Day Wise January 2018 Current Affairs[/su_button]|
- An online inauguration was held at New Delhi. The women and child development minister Maneka Gandhi inaugurated an online portal called `NARI’ for the empowerment of women. The portal developed by WCD ministry, will provide women with easy access to information on government schemes and initiatives for women. Besides this it will provide tips on nutrition, health check-ups, job search, investment advice and contacts of legal aid cells and adoption procedures.
- The state government of Karnataka has received the approval for the purchase of electric vehicles from the Department of Heavy Industry, Ministry of Heavy industries & public enterprises, Government of India, under FAME India scheme. The state will purchase 40 electric buses, 100 four wheelers and 500 three wheelers at a maximum 60 percent subsidy. The move is aimed to protect the environment, save fossil fuel and ensure public health.
- Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) recently introduced value added tax (VAT). These are the first two countries in the Gulf which have introduced the VAT system. The 5% levy is being applied to the majority of goods and services. Petrol and diesel, food , clothes, utility bills and hotel rooms all now have VAT applied. But some outgoings have been made exempt from the tax or given a zero tax rating.
- Senior Diplomat Vijay Keshav Gokhale has been appointed the foreign secretary of India. He has succeeded S. Jaishankar. Mr. Gokhale served as Indian Ambassador to China, Germany and as Indian high commissioner to Malaysia . He is at present secretary (economic relations) in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Indian golfer Shiv Kapur won the Royal cup at Pattaya, which is his third Asian tour title in 2017. The 35 year old who had just one win in almost 11 years till April 2017 has now won three times in last eight months.
<< 1st January 2017 Current Affairs
3rd January 2018 Current Affairs >>