4th January 2018 Current Affairs Notes Download Short Notes PDF
4th January 2018 Current Affairs Short Notes Daily CA PDF National International Current Affairs
|[su_button url=”https://jobsandhan.com/current-affairs-notes/january-2018″ target=”blank” style=”noise” background=”#1c0cec” color=”#eeeaea” size=”6″ wide=”yes” icon_color=”#ee3737″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″]Click here for Day Wise January 2018 Current Affairs[/su_button]|
- A massive winter storm called a `bomb cyclone’ is hammering the eastern coast of the US bringing snow,ice,flooding and strong winds. The term is used by meteorologists to indicate a mid- latitude cyclone that intensifies rapidly. A bomb cyclone happens when atmospheric pressure in the middle of the storm drops at least 24 milliards over 24 hours , quickly increasing an intensity. The lower the pressure the stronger the storm.
- In an attempt to ensure more transport financing of political parties participating in elections, the government has announced the introduction of new electoral bonds that donors can buy from the state bank of India (SBI). The political parties who get these bonds can in turn encash them only through a designated bank account . The bonds will be available at specified SBI branches for 10 days each in the months of January, April, July and October.
- The union cabinet has approved setting up of an AIIMS in bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh with an outlay of Rs 1,350 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna (PMSSY). The scheme has two components :setting up of new AIIMS and up gradation of government medical colleges.
- India is pushing forward it’s proposal to include Hindi as one of the official languages of the United Nations. The ministry of external affairs (MEA) is currently reviewing a draft advocacy paper to present the Indian case with regard to introducing Hindi in the UN. The procedure for getting any language recognized as one of the official languages of the UN involves obtaining approval of the general assembly.
- The National Bank for agriculture and rural development (Amendment) bill 2017 was recently passed by voice vote in Rajya Sabha. The bill was passed by the lok sabha in August 2017. The bill seeks to amend the National Bank for agriculture and rural development act 1981.
<< 3rd January 2017 Current Affairs
5th January 2018 Current Affairs >>